Saturday, September 3, 2011

Where I'm From Poem

I am from the heavenly hills of West Virginia, from peaceful sunsets and animals roaming free. I am from the blue house with burgundy shutters, from home grown gardens, from swaying hayfields. I am from family; from the Brown’s, from the Paugh’s. I am from where moms and dads were high school sweethearts. I am from puppies that become like children. I’m from remembering; from guardian angels who are still surrounding us. I’m from Memorial Day Parades, Friday Night football games, and marching band. I’m from God’s grace, and knowing He’s always near. I am from racing, from country music, from spending time with friends. I am from Grafton, West Virginia, from history, from my home among the hills.

1 comment:

  1. Justine, your story was a pleasure to read! It was truly beautiful. I loved all the pictures and the wonderful story behind them. Also, I thought you picked the perfect song, Country Strong :)! We are alike because we are grounded by our country roots. One thing I learned was that your extremely close to God. I think your story is perfect! Don't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete